The Ultimate Detox Salad
Serves 6, as a lunch or dinner course
For the dressing:
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh
1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated
2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, optional
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
For the salad:
2 cups dinosaur kale, tightly packed and thinly sliced
2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
2 cups broccoli florets
2 large carrots, peeled and grated
1 red bell pepper, sliced into matchsticks
2 avocados, peeled and diced
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup walnuts
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing (or put everything in a small blender and blend) and set aside until ready to use.
2. Add the kale, cabbage, broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots to a large serving bowl.
3. Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss until everything is coated.
4. Add the parsley, diced avocado, sesame seeds and walnuts and toss again.
5. Serve as an entrée salad or as a side salad to your favorite meal.
• I used dinosaur kale, but you can use any type of kale you like.
• You can also use avocado oil or olive oil in place of grapeseed oil in the dressing.
For additional recipe details, please visit the site of our generous contributor: The Roasted Root.