By Kari Rich
Serves 2, as a side course
2.5 cups cooked quinoa, chilled
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup Red Cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup Kale, shredded
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium carrot, chopped
2 scallion stalks, chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
4 large leaves Basil
1/2 bunch Cilantro leaves
2 tsp Turmeric
1/4 cup Tofu
1/2 TB Soy Sauce, low sodium
2/3 cup shredded Jarlsberg or Edam cheese
Olive oil, as needed
*Honorable Recognition from "Beauty of Good Food" Photo Contest 2013*
1. In a medium mixing bowl, place cooked quinoa and shredded cheese.
2. In a food processor add all other ingredients. Combine for 15 seconds or until well incorporated.
3. Mix all ingredients together well. Can be chilled at this stage up to 1 week.
4. In a large skillet*, heat 1 tsp oil or butter over medium heat-- use an ice cream scoop for even patties.
5. Cook for about 6 minutes on each side or until browned and a crust is formed.
6. Using a spatula, carefully flip over and cook an additional 4 minutes or until browned
*Can also be scooped onto a greased cookie sheet and baked at 400F for 10 mins. Let cool completely before removing.
Serve with a light salad and tomatoes.
Photo Credit: Neens Camillo of www.ilovemusubi.com