*Honorable Recognition from "Beauty of Good Food" Photo Contest 2013*
1. In a sauce pan, sauté olive oil (or butter) and onions over medium heat until soft.
2. Add broth, carrots, and ginger.
3. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are fork-tender.
4. Add salt, pepper and coconut milk. Purée with an immersion blender, then add parsley leaves and purée again quickly to chop and distribute it throughout the soup.
5. Serve in bowls or mugs and garnish with parsley sprigs.
Adapted from a foodnetwork.com recipe.